Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Real Life eek

Okay I know it's been forever and a day since I've been on my LJ page. Real Life just keeps getting in the way.

Since April things have been going downhill yet again.. My boss lost his mom and a friend from work lost his dad the same day. Needless to say it was very sad at work. I only had 1 day off in May so I was dog tired. Things were going okay for a while until I had to make a trip to the ER the first part of July. I swear the doctors in small towns throughly suck. At least they do in this tow. My left leg had been swollen from the knee dow(hurt to walk. but I was still working) they did an ultra sound and said that it was retaining fluid and bascially patted me on the head and sent me home. Ka Ching they want over $1300. Only I had to go back to the ER a week later. I'd take 1 step and be in tears. It was a Friday morning that I called worked and told them I was not coming in(me the person who has not called in sick the 5 years I've working there) because I was going back to the ER. I woke up that morning and the whole leg was purple. It was so bad I swollen all the way up the hip. They did several blood tests and what not told me to wear compression socks, Hello takes 2 people to get those things on and I live alone. They started giving me shoots in the stomach to thin my in case I had a blod clot, which they ruled uot the week before when I was there. They had me go into the ER everyday for 5 or 6 days to get these shots in my staomach(looked like a war zone) They finally decided to do another ultra sound and low and behold they missed the blood clot. I was in so much pain, and living in an upstairs apartment is a killer having to leave every morning to go into the hospital. I was off work almost 4 weeks. They had me on Vicodin, Prececet, 800mg Ibuprophen, water pills and a blood thinner. I didn't even touch my computer during that time. I'm still trying to play catch- up.

The leg is still swollen but it's going down ever so slowly.

During the month of August my mom was not feeling well. She kept refusing to go to the doctors until she was in so much pain that she agreed to let dad take her. She was there for over 2 weeks, they put her in an Isolation room in the ER, she had some kind of rash and they didn't know if it was contagios(sp). While there they did exporatory surgery and found they she still had cancer and that it was missed the first time when they did the surgery. They tried talking her into doing the kemo but she refused, Dad and I agreed it was her choice. They said that there wasn't anymore they could do for her.

Dad told me about 3 weeks ago that they gave mom 6 months to a year. So I get in contact with my sister and my son(sent him an email to call me). My sister came up from Nevada for a day so she could see mom.

David(my son)calls me on his 18th birthday(Oct 19), told him what the doctors said and that I wished that he had called sooner because I didn;t want to have to tell him that on his birthday. I was at Mom and Dads on that Tuesday the 21st(my Birthday) to look after mom because dad had to go to town to get some bills paid.

Wendsday the 22nd at 10 pm my dad called and said that mom had passed away. Dad came and got me(I can't drive because I'm prone to blackouts) around 11pm after the cops, mortician and everbody left. I stayed up all night with him. We've both been on a roller coaster.

I called my sister and my son to let them know. My son was here last weekend my sister will be here this weekend. Dad asked about David graduating from High School this year and he tottally broke down,I did too, poor David had tears in his eyes he's never seen his grandpa cry before. It hurt all of us Mom had always talked about seeing David gradute and that she wanted to be there. She talked about that siince the day he was born. When my sister called last night I told her that and she said that we would all be there and that mom would be there with us as well.

Mom told dad she didn't want a service and that she wanted to be creamated, Dad and I made all those arrangements last Friday.

Dad got mom's ashes back today, I asked if he wanted me to go with but he said that he would be okay.

My co-workers have been great not only to me but to my dad as well. I so apprieciate(sp) them for that. The boss lady talked to me and she said that all my co-workers love me and that their all family too, I told her Yeah I know, because they are. They sent Dad and I flowers and I just lost it the flowers were mom's favorite colors lavenders and purples.

I need to go before my keyboard short ciruits from me crying again.


( 5 comments — Leave a comment )
Oct. 30th, 2008 11:23 pm (UTC)
Im so sorry to hear all of that, You and your family are and will be in my thoughts in prayers <3 *hugs tight
Oct. 31st, 2008 09:04 pm (UTC)
Thank you very much.
Oct. 30th, 2008 11:28 pm (UTC)
Holy fucking hell! *hugs* and lots and lots of them.
Oct. 31st, 2008 09:03 pm (UTC)
Thank You.
Thanks I really appreciate it.

Jan. 13th, 2009 04:07 am (UTC)
I'm sorry to hear about your mom, I lost mine a few months ago, so my sympathies go to you and you family.
( 5 comments — Leave a comment )



Latest Month

February 2017
Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Katy Towell